There are many things that you don't realize about life until you're a mom. Some are funny like the fact that I no longer really care what I'm wearing or what my hair looks like, but Cole HAS to match and be cute all the time. Even when we're just at home. Or if my shirt is on backwards or has food or spit up on it or is all three. Some things aren't really funny, but are more like, huh. Like there's no longer an end of the day. The day has an end, but it's really more just like a short break. There's no leaving work at work. Then sometimes there's the realization that you too used to have a life other than diapers and naps and feedings. Really? It all seems so long ago...
But the craziest thing is to realize that you brought this little person into the world, and that you're soley responsible for his up-bringing. That he loves you and relies on you for everything. I know there's going to be days when he's a teenager and hates me. But for now, he's my little monkey. And I would do anything for him. Anytime. Anywhere. And that won't change. Even when he's a teenager.
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment