Thursday, April 14, 2011

Overnight!

Well, we celebrated my nephew's 10th b-day.  I CANNOT believe he is 10!!  I know before I know it, it will be Cole.  Holy crap!

Ryan and I also had our first night away.  Cole stayed with my parents, and I'm pretty sure they all faired better than we did.  We went to Galveston for a work retreat for Ryan.  First, we hadn't been to Galveston in YEARS.  It's really not that bad.  Yes.  The water is brown, but it's still the beach.  Mind you, if the water was clear, I'm pretty sure you couldn't get me away from there!  Anyway, everything was going well (including pumping) until our air conditioning went out in the middle of the night.  Then I woke up and started thinking about Cole and hoping he wasn't screaming his little head off.  Then the air sounded like a jet plane landing in the room, so I turned it off.  It was like when your smoke alarm is beaping at you so you take out the battery and it STILL beaps at you.  The stupid thing STILL sounded like a jet engine even once I turned it off.  BUT, Cole did great, and Mawmaw and Pawpaw weren't even too tired the next day.  He did wake up, but would have gone right back to sleep had their dog not come in.  Then he apparently just wanted to play or be held. :)

On the allergy front, it seems to be getting worse not better.  Our good friends Aubrey and Avery came over last week to play while I was vaccuming for a house showing.  Well, Avery had had yogurt before she came over.  You couldn't see it on her anywhere.  Like, there was nothing on her face, hands, etc...  Rocky was licking her, then running and licking Cole.  Aubrey started freaking out because Cole started getting hives all over his mouth where Rocky had been licking him.  They went away, but she went home and scrubbed her whole house before we went over the next day.  Not cool.  So, if anyone has any advice on what to do about that, I'm open!!  I'm SUPER worried about someone feeding him something that has dairy in it.  You would not believe what all it's in!!  And he hasn't ingested anything dairy for several months now.  It's just TOUCHED him and he's gotten hives!!

Eating these maple puffs.  I could seriously eat the WHOLE container!

Cousins!

First pizza - cheeseless.  Poor guy.

First pancake.  Home-made, dairy free.

No comments:

Post a Comment