Friday, January 27, 2012

1 week 4 days.....

Or less until Levi makes his debut.  We're excited and nervous at the same time.  I think I'm most worried about how Cole will deal with the new addition.  Also, how he deals with staying with MiMi and MawMaw while we're in the hospital.....

He still isn't sleeping through the night, and I'm pretty sure we made an EPIC mistake of letting him sleep with us during the while post-surgery thing.  Now when he wakes up, he wants to sleep with us the rest of the night.  Not cool.  I can see how parents get roped into things, though.  We felt so bad for him when he had a catheter, but now it's just a habbit.  So, any suggestions are accepted.  Especially if they don't involve letting him scream bloody murder.  He's also become extremely aware of his surroundings and the smallest things scare him.  To death.  Even a friend roaring like a lion.  He burst into tears.  And the vacuuum - I have to vacuum and hold his hand at the same time.  And shadows.  I think we're getting past the shadows.  He at least says "hi" to them now and waves.  But a loud truck or motorcycle outside can evoke full on hysterics.  Poor little guy.  I still blame alot of it on surgery.  He was just so much more aware this last time, and he hasn't really been the same since. 

But, he's also the biggest ham EVER.  Can't wait to see what his little brother will be like!!

These are from an impromptu photoshoot by http://www.aubreytorreyphotography.com/.  It was for Valentines day :)  She does such an amazing job!



1 comment:

  1. Remember that the effects of surgery can last about a year as the meds they use to knock him out slowly remove from his system! You should see improvement over time.

    I always have to remember to stop and pray with Mackenzie when she has a fear, and it really works; God is amazing!

    As for the sleeping thing??? Let me know if you find something :) We are doing 'Operation Sandman' with Micah trying to get him to sleep in his crib all night long. The good thing; I know he will not want to sleep with us in High School, so this does have an end!

    ReplyDelete