Friday, February 24, 2012

Levi & Family of 4

So, it's slightly late, but here's the story of Levi's birth.  We went in Feb 8th at 5:30am.  They got us to our room, got my IV hooked up, asked us all the questions, and took me down to the OR around 7:20.  At 7:25 they started the epidural, which wasn't NEAR as bad as I had conjured it up to be in my head.  Wondering, would it have been different with Cole if I hadn't been SO stubborn about having one....  Guess I can't change the past. Anyway, my dr came in, apparently poked at me to make sure I couldn't feel anything, and he began cutting.  Not gonna lie.  I almost passed out.  Just the thought of what was going on and the fact that that stupid drape was literally in my face had me freaking out.  I guess they could tell I was about to fade because the anesthesiologist came up to my face and started asking me questions so get me to respond. "Your name is Amanda.....". "You're here for what?" "You're allergic to ceclore and..."  It worked.  I didn't pass out.  Ryan finally came in, and the dr said it would just be a couple of more minutes.  It seemed to take FOREVER.  Finally, he said ok, you're going to feel alot of preasure.  He wasn't lying.  BUT, it was amazing.  I went from not being able to breath to breathing freely when he pulled Levi out.  Ryan got to go see him immediatly while I was clearly stuck on the table.  They finally brought him over to see me for a whole 10 seconds (maybe).  And then Ryan and him left.  Of course on his way out, Ryan coudln't stand it.  He had to look.  Then I hear, "Is that the placenta?" in a really excited voice.  Really?  Come on.  I'm laying here.  I guess at least he didn't say is that her bladder or something else....  Anyway, Levi was born at 7:49am, weighing 7lbs 4oz and 18.5in. 

My recovery has been MUCH smoother than the first time around.  Still got a UTI, but at least I have energy.  Cole's adjusting well.  At first he wanted NOTHING to do with Levi or anyone who was holding him.  He'd say, no, push.  Meaning he wanted you to go away.  He loves touching Levi's toes and head now, and I was doing laundry and Levi was screaming his little head off and Cole got in the chair to rock him to make him calm down.  It was really cute. 

So far, I've survived on my own during the day for a couple of days.  We'll see how it goes with me and 2 at bedtime next week when Ryan's got a late meeting and long hours.....

No comments:

Post a Comment