Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Squash Ball. Really? I don't even know what that is....

    
     Your baby's crown-to-rump height is 2 1/2 inches, or about as tall as a squash ball. She may weigh as much as half an ounce. This begins the age when the fetus starts to look really cut in those womb pictures. If you had a womb camera, you'd be able to see your baby's proportions changing, with the growth of the head slowing down to let the rest of the body catch up. Arms, legs, and fingers are also growing out and tapering to look more like a newborn's, and your baby's posture becomes less curled and more upright. Isn't it amazing that every person in the world was once the size of your thumb? And for that matter, for every person alive, some woman went through a pregnancy?
     You uterus has gotten too big to fit in its usual spot—your pelvis. It's now pushing into your abdomen, though not yet in any uncomfortable way. Your heart rate may speed up because of the extra volume of blood in your body. Your hips are actually widening to make more room for your uterus to grow. With one week to go in your first trimester, you may feel more like your pregnancy is real.

How far along? Almost 11.5 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Well, I thought for sure I had gained weight, but when I weighed myself this morning I was the same.  I did gain back the pound I lost, but that's it
Maternity clothes? No, but some of my pants are not near as comfortable as they used to be
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Boo on going to the bathroom.  I mean seriously.  5 times in one night is excessive
Best moment this week: Realizing the first trimester really is almost over!
Movement: I'm sure, but I don't feel it yet
Food cravings: Last Saturday morning I really wanted biscuits and sausage.  Ryan was wonderful and got up early and make it for me!
Gender: Well, I was dead set it was a boy, but everyone keeps telling me it's a girl.  We'll see....
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In still.  wondering how much longer I'll get to see my hip bones, though.....
What I miss: Doing some of the things I used to do and not think twice about like mowing the yard, picking up boxes, etc....
What I am looking forward to: Next week's dr. appointment.  I'll almost be 13 weeks when we go.  Cannot wait to see the growth!

Well, just when I thought I was through with all the nausea and headaches, yesterday I had both.  It was miserable.  Again.  I know one day I'm bound to wake up and just feel great.  I'm looking forward to that day!  It probably doesn't help that I'm congested and sniffly.  Silly Houston weather....

I'm feeling rather large; however, I'm still wearing most of my same pants.  There are some that aren't as comfortable as they used to be, and there's some that actually fit better now.  I was shocked when I got on the scale this morning and hadn't gained weight.  Ryan and I can tell my belly is sticking out more, and it's alot more pronounced at the end of the day. 

I really cannot wait till next week's dr.'s appointment.  We'll do another ultrasound since Ryan wasn't at the last appointment.  He hasn't met the dr yet either, so I'm excited for Ryan to meet him.  I also had a friend that actually found out the sex at her second appoinement, so we'll see.  I definitly got spoiled having ultrasounds every week!


 Week 11 (after the biscuits and sausage)
Also the new hair-do.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun way to chronicle your pregnancy! We are praying for ya'll and BH!

    ReplyDelete