During pregnancy week 13 your baby is 2.9 inches long and weighs up to .8 ounces. Though your baby is significantly larger by pregnancy 13 weeks, he is still pretty tiny. Fortunately there is plenty of room to expand in your uterus as you follow your pregnancy week by week!
By the end of pregnancy week 13 your baby looks like a tiny yet fully formed baby. While your baby's head is still quite large, his body is starting to catch up. Your baby's eyes are starting to move closer together by pregnancy 13 weeks. Up until this point in time they rested closely along the sides of the head. Your baby's intestines are also moving further into their body, and your baby's tiny pancreas starts producing insulin, which will be vital for regulating your baby's sugar levels later in life!
How far along? 12 1/2 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: maybe a pound. My home scale just says I gained back what I had originally lost. The doctor's scale said 1 pound more than the first time I went.
Maternity clothes? No, but I had to get a bigger size of jeans. Maternity clothes are still too big.
Stretch marks? No.
Sleep: It's been a little rough but only because I've been waking myself up coughing. That and the dogs that live behind us wake me up every morning....
Best moment this week: Going to the doctor yesterday
Movement: Yes, but I don't feel it yet.
Food cravings: Weirdness! Sweet tea, Freebirds and today it was chocolate milk....
Gender: BOY! Maybe.....
Labor Signs: NO
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Being able to do everything I used to do: mow, paint, use a Sharpie, run, dye my hair
What I am looking forward to: Actually feeling BH move
Milestones: Seeing BH on the dr screen yesterday
It was AMAZING to see how much BH has grown in 2 weeks! And the doctor thinks, key word THINKS, that it's a boy. Either that or it was the cord. But he said if he had to make a guess based on yesterday that it's a boy. He was moving like crazy on the ultrasound. And he waved at us. Well, it looked like he waved anyway.
Things have been getting better. I still get headaches, but hopefully those will subside soon. I'm having to really search my closet for clothes that are more comfortable/fit better. I did try on a maternity shirt at the store, but I still just looked funny. Everyone says how little I am still, but Ryan and I can definitely tell. I'm curious to see when my hip bones are going to disappear....
And the belly shot.....
I know it doesn't look like much, but it is!!


No comments:
Post a Comment