Tuesday, November 10, 2009

First Trimester - CHECK!

      Your baby is 3.4 inches long by pregnancy week 14, and likely weighs close to 1.5 ounces! Every day of your pregnancy week by week your baby is growing more and more proportional.
      This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb.
How far along?

Total weight gain/loss: 1 pound from where I originally started
Maternity clothes? No, but when I went to put on dress pants last night for a banquet I decided it wasn't worth MAKING them fit.
Stretch marks? lotion is my friend
Sleep: Well...last week we went to Ryan's parent's place in the hill country for a reunion, and sleep was not so good.  It's been better since we got home.
Movement: I'm sure but I don't feel anything yet
Food cravings: nothing too weird lately
Gender: Still unsure
Labor Signs: NOPE
Belly Button in or out? In.  Wondering if it'll pop.....
What I miss: Being able to do things!  I guess I never realized how active I was!
What I am looking forward to: Movement and feeling it!  And for a week to go by without a headache!

Last week we went to Ryan's parent's place in Leakey.  It was EXTREMELY hard to NOT do things.  I'm used to "being one of the boys" and using a chainsaw, shooting a gun, not having to worry about falling (I'm not the most graceful person in the world and with all the rocks up there....), taking it easy on the Polaris.... The list could go on.  I tried to take advantage and read, but I'm just not a good sitter.

Every time I think I'm done with the headaches, I have one.  Last night I wanted to puke it hurt so bad.  Today's better, but we'll see by the end of the day.  I've been officially approved to substitute teach in Katy and have my first class tomorrow.  It's just half a day.  Figured that was a good way to start things out.  Kinda worried about the bathroom situation.....

Cannot wait till my next appointment!  It's the day before Thanksgiving.  Hoping they do another ultrasound, but we'll see...  Really would like to know what BH is!  Hopefully I'll be able to feel some movement coming up within the next couple of weeks.  CANNOT WAIT!

Belly from the last 2 weeks:



Week 13



Week 14

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff! You need a bella band (I think that's what they're called). Katy had one so she didn't have to buy as many new pants.

    ReplyDelete