Monday, November 16, 2009

Where is my waist going??!!!


      Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl!
How far along? 15 weeks and a few days
Total weight gain/loss: Well, I had gained a pound, but lost it.  Didn't weigh myself today, though.  I'm still about the same as when I originally started this journey.  Who would have thought that gaining weight could be an issue and yet you still feel like you're getting bigger every day????
Maternity clothes? No, however, I have become quite selective about which pants I will and will not wear.
Stretch marks? No.  As of last night Ryan said he's tired of me smelling like coco butter and asked if I could find a different lotion.  My response: I asked him if he wanted me to have stretch marks....
Sleep: OK for the most part.
Best moment this week: I THINK, key word here, that I felt movement.....
Movement: Well, I can only describe it as if I were a giant can of coke and someone shook me up and I was fizzing from the inside.  I've felt it a couple of times now, so I can only assume.....  It's quite a strange feeling.
Food cravings: Nothing strange.  I'm back to eating fruit again.  Yeah!
Gender: Hoping to talk the dr. into another ultrasound next week.  We'll see.
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In.  But my waist is disappearing. 
What I miss: RUNNING!  Ryan did the SA half yesterday, and I was jealous!
What I am looking forward to: Next week's appointment and hopefully finding out what little BH is!
Milestones: Feeling movement.  Maybe.

Just when I think I'm done with the nausea and headaches, I have a no good, very bad day!  So, I have decided that I may just have to take those days in stride for the next, oh, 25 weeks.  God's way of reminding me how bad I really wanted a baby, and that I'm still pregnant.  Be glad for the bad days.  OK.  Fine. 

My waist, not that I've ever been a very curvaseous person, is slowly disappearing.  It's kind of disconcerting because all my life I've been so careful about what I eat, and I'm still careful, and I'm not gaining weight, but my belly is no longer flat.  It's a very strange feeling.  I feel as though I'm at that awkward stage where people look at me and are like, umm... you're getting a little... round.  Yes.  But. It's not like you think people.  THERE'S A BABY GROWING INSIDE ME!  You try growing a baby....

That being said, belly shot....


Week 15

3 comments:

  1. Amanda, you look adorable! I always felt awkward at that stage too, but I always loved the cute pregnant stage (maybe at like 23-30 weeks-ish). YOu will have a belly, but it will be cute, not completely huge yet! hah! Anyway, I am so excited for you & Ryan! Magan Echols

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda, you look amazing! I can't believe you are 15 weeks already. Enjoy the 2nd trimester, it's the best! (before you are big and uncomfortable) Glad everything is going so well. Looking foward to watching you grow, so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look so good! I am seriously only 1 week ahead of you... and comparatively, you would be shocked. I am in maternity clothes... my back aches... basically, you will look like me at 30 weeks! I am SOOO jealous! I would love to still see my hip bones!

    ReplyDelete