By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
How far along? Almost 29 weeks. WOW!
Total weight gain/loss: 14-ish, and Cole weighs 3lbs 2oz. Umm... that seems pretty big to me.....
Maternity clothes? Shirts some, pants = noStretch marks? No
Sleep: Good when I'm not going to the bathroom
Best moment this week: There've been alot because I haven't posted in a while: He woke both of us up over the weekend with a good kick. And we got to see him this morning on the ultrasound again.
Movement: Pretty sure he doesn't sleep....
Food cravings: Could still eat sushi every day
Gender: Definitely a boy. It was confirmed today with a good shot of his man-hood.
Labor Signs: Nope. Even got checked to see if I was dilated (it's a long story) and everything still looks good on that front.
Belly Button in or out? Still in, but we're wondering for how much longer.
What I miss: Bending over without feeling like I'm squooshing myself, popping up from a sitting or laying position, running, lifting heavy weights (ok, heavy to me)
What I am looking forward to: Meeting this little guy!!
Weekly Wisdom: Apparently drink LOTS of water
So, for the few of yall that actually keep up with my blog, I haven't posted in a while. I know. You all have been crushed. Crying yourselves to sleep nightly wondering, "When is she going to update it?" Well, here we go.
Cole's room is finished, minus a few pieces of furniture and the decorating aspect of things. The bathroom is well on it's way, and just lacks the trim and cabinets being painted. There was one small casualty while there was still bathroom "stuff" everywhere. I kicked a board and broke my toe. Or, as Ryan says, it's just jammed. However, the toe is feeling worse and not better, and it's been almost 2 weeks. The bruising is, however, almost gone. My first broken bone. Ever. Fantastic.
And now for the weekly wisdom about drinking water. Apparently the lack there of can cause you to pass out. Yup. In church. The good thing was since I've passed out before (yes, it's weird) I knew it was happening so I told Ryan before hand and immediatly stuck my head between my knees to get the blood flow back to my head. It worked. I was able to avoid a scene and walk out of church. Drenched in sweat and shedding my sweater, but hey, at least I had on a cute tank top. My regular dr. appointment was the next day, so they did blood work and checked to see if I was dialated at all. Both were normal. Yeah! I am a bit nervous about it happening again, though.
On a positive note, we went back to the hospital today for them to check to see if the placenta had moved away from the cervix, and all looks good! YEAH!!!! And we got to see the little guy. It was amazing. I know I've said it 100 x's but anyone who doesn't believe in God must not have seen a live ultrasound. He was opening and closing his mouth, tapping his foot on the back of my uteris (No wonder I always have to pee. Pretty sure he does this on my bladder too.), moving his arms and legs all around. We got to see his tongue, eyes, brain, heart, bladder, kidneys, you name it, we saw it. Oh, and the man-hood. It's just amazing that a little person is growing inside me. Pretty sure I just freaked myself out with that one....
Pics:
Week 28
Lips and nose. He's got Ryan's nose :)
His little foot that was just tapping away.
Kind of alien-esk, but he's looking at the camera.
She said he was very photogenic :)




So great! One-way to go on not wearing maternity pants yet! You are looking so great, and he is just precious (from what I can tell). Can't wait to see pictures of the room!
ReplyDelete