Monday, March 1, 2010

9 Weeks and 4 Days, But Who's Counting....

Baby's now the size of a squash!  As baby's skin smoothes out, her brain just keeps getting more wrinkled. All those grooves and indentations increase surface area, meaning more room for that oh-so-essential brain tissue. She's also adding some brawn -- her grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger.
How far along? 30 weeks and a couple of days
Total weight gain/loss: 14.5
Maternity clothes? Shirts but still no pants.  Did get to wear my Old Navy maternity skirt this past weekend.
Stretch marks? Still not yet 
Sleep: It's about the same.  Think I'm getting prepared for the sleepless nights.
Best moment this week: Finishing the bathroom!
Movement: Like crazy
Food cravings: Could still eat sushi every day....
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? Still in, but it looks super funny 
What I miss: Running
What I am looking forward to: Meeting Cole!! 
Milestones: Last trimester!!!!

I really cannot believe that time has gone by so quickly.  I guess it really does go faster and faster the older you get.  In less than 10 weeks Cole will be here.  Hopefully, anyway.  That's INSANE!  But I cannot wait.
 
We finished the bathroom.  Finally.  I'm so happy to have it done.  Now we just have a little left for Cole's room, like finding a rug.  The hard part it that we're both cheap, but want a good rug.  Hard to find number 1.  AND we are both super picky about what we want it to look like.  Hard to find number 2.  SO, we've been haunting Home Goods.  I'm pretty sure the people in there think we're psychotic, but you can get a thick 100% wool rug for less than half the price it would sell for somewhere else.  We will continue to haunt...
 
We started Bradley classes last week.  We both really like the instructor.  She used to be head nurse at Memorial Herman downtown back when it was MacGregor.  So she has the perfect balance of natural mixed with medicine for me.  Yes.  It is my goal to do this birth sans drugs.  I'm thinking it's going to suck, but not suck so much that I have to have meds.  We'll see.  I could be eating those words in, oh, 10 weeks. 
 
Also had a dr appointment today, and everything is good.  I'm supposed to go ahead and register at the hospital, and I told my dr that I was doing the Bradley method.  He is totally supportive and told me to bring in my birth plan.  That made my day!  I just didn't want to deal with someone telling me I had to have drugs.  I didn't think he'd do that, but just to get it out in the open was great. 
 
So, we didn't take a belly pic last week, but here's this weeks along with a pic of the "new" bathroom.
 
Week 30 with quite the shadow...

The bathroom without the wallpaper
and with a toilet!  YEAH!!


 

6 comments:

  1. you really do look pregnant now! I have 15 lbs. on you though!!! haha! you will wear you pre-baby jeans home from the hospital and i will be sooo jealous!

    and no drugs is commendable! but after my blissful epidural with ethan, there is no turning back!!! (then again, he was 8.5 lbs... 10 days early) your baby won't be that scary big (hopefully) so everything will be a-okay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left. You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have to let me know how your classes go. I had looked into the Bradley method a little, but with our move it just didn't work. I will say that we took much of the same approaches... breathing techniques, movements that they teach you, Matt was my side coach the whole time, the nurses really did nothing except support and told us we were doing great. It was such a good experience. One of my first comments about it afterwards was, "That was fun!". And I guess that is not normal :) So-I think you will be really pleased, but I am curious to see how much the classes help, I am still considering them whenever we get to baby number 2. By the way, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, you look great! I got your note, thanks girl. I will be thinking of you these next 10 weeks! You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stick with your Bradley, I am doing that next time around. With Ariana, we didn't have time in our schedule for classes...so we went with a Lamaze video (From like 1980..really dorky) and that helped. No need for pain meds! You can do it!
    Congrats again!! Jenny Miller (Matute)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I promise no one in HomeGoods thinks you're psycho. I would've heard about it if they did... we always tell each other about crazies who come in the store. :-)

    ReplyDelete