Friday, August 20, 2010

Being a mom is the hardest job...

I LOVE being a mom, but it is seriously the HARDEST job.  There's no "leaving it at work" or zoning out while on a plane. There's no longer any quick trips to run and grab something you forgot or folding a quick load of clothes.  Everything is down to a science from waking up in the morning to going to bed at night.  And if ANYONE/THING wakes up your sleeping wonder you get quite TESTY.

That being said, I'm READY for my wonderful hubby to come home tonight!  I think I've finally gotten bath/bed time down, which is good considering Ryan's current client is in PA... 

And even though being a mom deserves the highest paid sallery around, I feel it's looked down upon.  "What do you do?" "I stay at home with our baby."  "Ohh..."  Yes, it sounded more glamerous to say I was a tile designer that traveled the world, but honestly, I never sat through any business meeting or flight (minus the horrific flight home from Florence, AL when we ran out of fuel...) that was as difficult. 

And I have to say, I think I'll have a new respect for that woman on the plane with that screaming baby.  She deserves to travel just like any business person.  Her job is harder than any other person's on that plane.  Yes, we're getting ready to go on vacation.  And Ryan's dreading the flight.  I think I'm just cocky enough to think I do deserve a vacation.  It will take me hours to get everything packed where before I could have packed all our stuff in 1 suitcase in about 15 minutes.  Tops.  And watch me tell anyone who says anything about my beautiful, screaming little man.  He was just blessed with healthy lungs, and as Pastor Jim said, "Bless his little lungs so he uses them for Your glory."

Ready for a hike

Invention needed: extendable rails on the changing table...

Watching his first football game.  Texans preseason.  Funny story.  Ryan was getting a little passionate about the game.  I told him to calm down or he was going to scare Cole.  Ryan fist pummped the air and screamed "YAH" while holding Cole.  Huge bottom lip jutted out and screaming commenced followed by HUGE tears.  Then made Ryan calm him down :)

 

4 comments:

  1. Yes you do deserve a vacation!! And he may scream on the plane, but that's ok. Don't worry one second what people think. Y'all have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is hard. you do deserve a trip with cole, and also one that is just for you and ryan. i thought i was going to get a getaway a couple of weeks ago and it fell through... b/c of everything you just said i have been a bitter betty! when will i have a couple of days to really zone out and not be needed??? i am dying here in the trenches! i feel your pain sister! and also the whole, looked down on thing. all the time. all the time...
    much love to you -- hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures. If you ever need to talk in person to someone just come on down...I am litterally down the street also doing the hardest job on the earth. Only now I have a 2-year old, so my house is NEVER clean. She is at that stage where I put everything away and she pulls it back out; I fold the same pile of laundry a minimum of 3 times because she is just as busy unfolding it; and if I cleand it off she manages to get it sticky or dirty - lol...these are good times :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We took Isaac on a plane at Cole's age. It was...cumbersome, and headachey, and stressful (although not as bad as I expected.) But I never regretted doing it, and I would do it over given the chance. It's worth it for the time with your family

    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete