Sunday, July 8, 2012

5 Months and Life

Today Levi is 5 months old.  Holy Moly!!  Where in the world has the time gone?!  For my own reference: He's rolling over from back to tummy.  All.  The.  Time.  Then gets frustrated because he can't always get back to his back.  Just sometimes.  He laughs all the time.  Especially when Cole messes with him.  If he's grumping I tell Cole to go see him, and he always smiles huge.  Even when Cole is a little rough. Today Ryan heard Cole say he was riding the pony Levi.  He went running and Cole was laying on Levi's head and Levi was face down.  Just taking it, though.  Just wait till he's old enough to fight back!

We started "solids" at 4 months - oatmeal cereal mixed with pumped milk.  He's starting to like it more and more.  At least opens his mouth now, anyway....

As for life, Ryan's been working late.  Again.  I almost had a melt down last week when Cole didn't nap.  I had a friend coming over, so I didn't put him down for a "late" nap.  He ended up coming to me at 4:30 with his eyes closed, literally, saying, "my eyes! My eyes!".  Funny, yes.  Not so funny at the time.  He fell asleep the instant he sat in my lap, so I let him sleep for an hour.  He woke up less than happy.  Then screamed about dinner.  Screamed about Levi getting a back.  Screamed about his bath that was coming after Levi was put to bed.  To the point that Levi was SO worked up he didn't eat.  I FINALLY got Cole bathed and in bed.  Only to discover he was going to freak out every time I shut his door.  Ended up in his room for over an hour before he would finally let me leave.

I've become quite domestic lately.  My parents always have a huge garden, and my mom hasn't had time to do anything other than pick it.  Lots going on there: First my grandmother had surgery, my mom had to stay with them for a few days to take care of both of them seeing as my grandfather has Alzheimer's.  Then she gets home and my other grandmother calls one evening that she needs to go to the ER because she fell and busted her head open.  3 staples and a staple puller (literally.  They sent her home with a staple remover!) she was home.  Then my dad has had to have an outpatient surgery that was unsuccessful and was sent home with a catheter, and will be having another surgery this coming week.  Needless to say, she has had NO time to do anything.  BUT, that has all made me not want anything to go bad, so, I've learned to can pickles, make salsa and am currently making pasta sauce.  Quite domestic.







No comments:

Post a Comment