10 years ago
Monday, September 7, 2009
The Beginning
So Ryan and I have decided to chronicle our lives especially since we will be adding to our family. We are VERY excited about Baby Host (BH). Some of you may know the trials we went through in getting pregnant: over a year on our own, a battery of tests for both of us only to find that there was nothing really wrong. Well, God had a plan. We weren't sure exactly what that was, so we decided to do an IUI, only to find that it was unsuccessful. However, our God is MUCH bigger than we are, and He knows what He's doing. A week after we found out the IUI was unsuccessful, I was laid off. Now, those of you that know Ryan know that he does not deal well with change, so God knew what he was doing.
We decided to wait a while before trying an IUI again. We went on a wonderful vacation to Europe for 2 weeks. It was a fantastic way to spend what we didn't know would be our last vacation as just the 2 of us. We did another IUI, and both of us were preparing for the negative response once again. I was looking into IVF and adoption before I even went for the blood test. So on August 28, we found out that we would indeed be welcoming a little one in 38 weeks.
God is awesome! I still worry, since I'm still in the first trimester, but I just have to stand in belief in Philippians 4 to not be anxious about anything but to trust God and He will give you peace above all understanding. The picture above was taken the evening we found out. It's a double rainbow. I believe God speaks to us through his creation, and will put my hope in Him throughout this whole process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment