Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Large Kidney Bean


Your baby is no longer a mass of cells, but he's looking more and more like a miniature baby-to-be. Your baby's face is becoming more defined: eyelids have formed, his nose is beginning to protrude, and his upper lip is taking shape. Where there once were only stubs, fingers and toes are starting to develop from his arms and legs. His heart is beating quickly and strong inside his tiny body.

How far along? 7 weeks and some days
Total weight gain/loss: none
Maternity clothes? nope
Stretch marks? no.  Still lotioning up
Sleep: alot.  Cannot get enough.  Sat on the couch one morning this week and just fell asleep!  Rocky woke me up when a commercial for the zoo came on.  He was howling at the monkeys :)
Best moment this week: Ryan getting to see the heart beat
Movement: no
Food cravings: It's been a little rough the past couple of weeks
Gender: ??
Labor Signs: no.  Keep it away!
Belly Button in or out? in
What I miss: energy and eating Mexican food
What I am looking forward to: Hearing the heart beat next week
Weekly Wisdom: Seriously, eat often and take advantage of every opportunity to go to the bathroom
Milestones: over 7 weeks down!

Starting last week the nausea has gotten worse.  Haven't prayed to the porcelain gods again, but sometimes wish I would because then maybe I would feel better.  However, it's all very reassuring that everything is going well.  Yeah!  Ryan got to go to the ultrasound yesterday and see the heart beat.  BH is becoming a little more distinct, and you can see the head.  I think you can see the eye, but I may be crazy.


This is where they measured the heart beat.  It was 157 beats per minute, which is good.  It was just going like crazy!


This is where you can see the head better.  Apparently, starting next week there will be much more definition. 

Have my first dr appointment with my regular ob next Monday and another with HFI next Friday.  Pretty soon all the weekly appointments will stop.  I'm liking getting to see the development!



7 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment