Monday, December 14, 2009

Half a Pound of Baby!


Baby's now the size of a mango!
Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

How far along? 19 weeks!  and some days.  Yeah for the almost halfway point!
Total weight gain/loss: Last time I checked I'd gained 2 more pounds
Maternity clothes? No, however I'm quite selective about what I wear
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Hmmm, think my body is preparing me for the lack there of once the baby is born.  At least I won't just be thrown into sleepless nights, I guess.  Have been having INSANE dreams....
Best moment this week: Yesterday during church BH was moving like crazy so I told Ryan to watch my tummy.  He was able to SEE the jabs I was receiving.  Pretty cool.
Movement: Yes.  And I actually LOVE it!  I get nervous if I don't feel it every once in a while.
Food cravings: Chex Mix.  Guess it could be worse.
Gender: HOPEFULLY we'll find out a week from today!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: dreamless sleep
What I am looking forward to: Looking/feeling more pregnant and less beer belly-ish
Weekly Wisdom: Drink lots of water and make sure you eat enough.  Otherwise headaches are killer.
Milestones: The movement! 

I cannot believe I am almost half way through with the pregnancy part!  Nor can I believe Christmas is next week!  Or that BH weighs half a pound now!  Rocky weighed half a pound when I got him.  INSANE! 

So I've been having these crazy dreams that wake me up, and then I cannot go back to sleep.  It's all my fears being manifested in my subconscious state.  Boo.  Last night it was the dr's telling me that BH's brain was not developing properly.  Can I tell you how glad I will be to have the big 20 week ultrasound next week??  I've already started praying that I won't be one of those over protective moms that won't let their kids to anything because they're afraid they might get hurt.  That's going to be tough!

On a happier note, we've picked a color out for BH's room.  I'm hoping that next week we'll be able to get the painting done.  It will make it MUCH easier if we're able to determine if BH is a boy or girl.  AND, our "small" project with the granite and the "new" TV and hallway tables is completed!  Well, at least the granite's on/in.  We have a little sanding left due to the fact that the entry table was not square.  I mean really people.  How hard is it to check things with a level??  Anyway, it looks GREAT!

Belly week 19:


No comments:

Post a Comment