Sunday, December 27, 2009

21 Down, 19 To Go! EEKK!



Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

How Far?  A little over 21 weeks!!
Weight Gain: 7 pounds total.  Feels like alot more.....
Maternity Clothes: Yes.  I bought my first maternity shirts last week.  My belly was starting to pooch out under my longsleeve t-shirts. :)  However, I'm still in my regular pants.  Those maternity pants need some help.  If I was back in the fashion industry I would say that would be a market that needed some addressing.  There's nothing out there, that I've found, for people that are on the smaller side.... I came out in one shirt, and Ryan said I looked like a Peep....
Sleep: It's still interupted by trips to the bathroom, and it's getting increasingly hard to get comfortable.  I'm told that will continue to get worse....
Best Moment: We had out big 20 week ultrasound.  It was AMAZING!  And we finally found out that it's a BOY!  YEAH!  I must admit that I had a tear escape down my cheek as I watched Cole's little profile on the screen.
Movement: It's INCREDIBLE!  I love feeling him move.  Although it gets frustrating when he decides to use my bladder as a pillow or foot rest....
Food Craving: Still nothing strange.  Although this morning I really wanted some grapes....
Gender: BOY!  Cole Luke Host.  Cole is Ryan's middle name.  Luke is my dad's same.
Labor Signs: NO
What I miss: A good beer.  We went to PF Changs and I really wanted some sake....
Belly Button: Ryan says it's getting shallower....
Stretch Marks: Still lotioning up.  My belly feels so tight, though.
Looking Forward To: Decorating the nursery!
Weekly Wisdom: Drink lots of water.  Even when you don't want to...
Milestones: I'm over half way there!  Cannot believe we'll be meeting Cole in almost 4 months!

So it's been a while, but Christmas kept us busy.  Our festivities started last Sunday with Christmas with part of Ryan's family.  We had fun with his Uncle Jeff's family and Grandma and Grandpa.  Then Sunday night we had out Christmas party with our church small group. 

Monday I had my 4 week check up with my dr. only to find out that I had UTI.  BUT, they gave me some antibiotic and said that my back should start feeling better now.  I guess it's gotten a little better, but it still hurts, even as I write.....

Wednesday we had our big 20 week ultrasound.  It was wonderful to see Cole and to finally determine that he was indeed a he.  OK, going to get a bit technical/too much info for some, so if you don't want to read about my placinta/cervix, just skip to the next paragraph.  So, I have a low lying placinta.  Which means that the placinta is closer than they would like to my cervix.  It's 1.8 cm where they would like for it to be between 2-3 cm away.  The good news is that that tissue is supposed to continue to expand, so by the time I'm 28 weeks it should be around 2.  And it only has 0.2 to go to get there.  HOWEVER, I must admit that it freaked me out!  Even when they told me it was nothing to worry about, I of course came home and got on the internet, which sometimes is really not a good idea.  Too much info is not a good thing.  I've relaxed some since then, and have just decided to trust in God with everything.  Cole is perfect in every way as far as all his veins/arteries/brain/organs, etc... go.  And we got to see his profile.  It was AMAZING!  And he weighed 13.5 ounces.  Almost a pound of baby in there!!!

Christmas Eve, my parents and grandma, Ryan's parents and Grandma and Aunt and Nephew came over for church and dinner, then Christmas we spent with my family.  I cannot believe that next year our family will include Cole!  I cannot wait!!

Pictures to follow when I have a higher speed connection.  Leakey, TX isn't exactly warp speed....

No comments:

Post a Comment