Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy Days


      Real estate within your belly is getting tight, with growing baby leaving little room for your lungs to...well...breathe. Expect the huffing and puffing to start soon. There's not much room for your belly button, either -- it'll pop out any day now.
      Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.
How far along? 22 weeks and some days.  Cannot believe I'm over half way!
Total weight gain/loss: I'm vowing to not get on the scale until I go back to the dr on the 18th.  We'll see if that stays.  The holidays were rough though.  So many good things to eat!
Maternity clothes? Some, but just shirts still.
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: It's ok. 
Best moment this week: Ryan and I went on a retreat with the Seniors from Taylor this past weekend, so we stayed up really late Saturday night.  Cole didn't stop moving.  It was INSANE.  He was turning flips or something.  Makes me wonder if he does that every night and I sleep through it.....
Movement: Tons of it.  I LOVE it, though!
Food cravings: Not really cravings, but I think my taste buds have changed.  I made these ginger cookies and it called for 1 tsp of cloves.  No one else could eat them, but I LOVE them!
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In, but according to the books/websites, that's going to change soon.  We'll see...
What I miss: Being able to do everything I could before.  I'm not one to sit around, and I pretty much expect that I should be able to do whatever Ryan does.  That's definitely not the case now.
What I am looking forward to: Really cannot wait to meet this little guy!
Milestones: Over half way there!

I'm LOVING these days!  I love feeling Cole kick, tumble and punch.  I just makes me smile.  And, I'm feeling good, for the most part anyway.  I did learn the hard way that it is essential I eat at regular intervals.  Otherwise I not only do not feel good and am tired, but also slightly grumpy. :)  Poor Ryan.  He's a good sport, though.  And he tries to remind me to take crackers or something in my purse in the event we get somewhere and cannot leave in time to eat.

We went on Polar Bear weekend this past weekend for YL.  I was a little nervous about the lack of sleep I knew I would be getting, but it was a blast and worth the little sleep I got.  I did make up for it last night when we got home, though.  AND, apparently Cole it quite active at night.  Could that be a bad sign about the future??  At least Ryan's a night person!;)

We started his room when we got back from the land this past week, and had every intension on get more painting done when we got home yesterday.  That didn't happen, but I think I've talked Ryan into letting me paint this week without him.  He wasn't too happy about missing out on it, but I assured him there was plenty left to do that I cannot participate in, like the floor and refinishing the furniture.

And for some pics I said were coming last week....


Kind of profile and arm.


Legs, feet and bottom :)


Part of profile



Before room


Before room

And now, the belly pics for weeks 20 and 22.  Notice there are no hip bones any longer.........


Week 20


Week 22

No comments:

Post a Comment