Baby's brain is still developing rapidly, and his skin has taken on a paler shade thanks to a thicker layer of fat around the blood vessels. (Don't worry; he'll change color again soon after birth.) He's now able to flex his limbs, and his nails might extend past his fingertips.
How far along? 39 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 17-18. According to my scale I lost a pound but the nurse never told me what my weight last week was...
Maternity clothes? Some
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: I've been alot more tired than in the past couple of weeks. Not sure if I'm not sleeping well at night or what.
Best moment this week: Knowing we'll be meeting Cole soon. Possibly tomorrow!!
Movement: Tons
Food cravings: Not really hungry anymore. Could go along with the losing a pound I guess. Still like smoothies....
Gender: Guess we'll find out if he's really a boy soon
Labor Signs: Thought it was going to be Sat night or Sun, but no such luck. Just uncomfortable....
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Running, shoveling dirt....
What I am looking forward to: The next 2 days being over!!
Weekly Wisdom: Trust in the Lord
So, went to the doctor this morning. He's inducing me tomorrow evening. He's going to a conference Friday night through Sunday night, so he won't be here this weekend. And he won't let me go past next Monday. So he said he'd like to induce me tomorrow. His words were, "He's only getting bigger." We were talking about the likelihood of a c-section with induction. Basically saying the longer we wait the larger the chance of me having to have a c-section. So, for that I am glad. I do not want one. And based on the way things "feel" I should go quickly....
That being said, I feel like I'm preparing to go into battle. I know it has to happen, and I know that the outcome will be better. But it's kinda scary to think that our whole lives will change in a day or so. I've been waiting 9 months (well really more like 4 years) for this, and now I'm slightly scared! Ok, a little more than slightly :)
The good news is that being the planner that I am, I can clean the house and have all our bags packed! YEAH!
10 years ago
Praying for you guys!
ReplyDeleteAmanda, you'll do great! Your life is about to change, so nervous is normal...but you are going to love being a mommy - you were made for this!
ReplyDeletePraying for you - peace, health, and joy.
~Katy H.