Thursday, May 13, 2010

Life As Three (and a half if you count Rocky)

So it's almost been a week since we've been home by ourselves, and things are going pretty well I think.  Cole does really well in the mornings.  Gets a little fussy in the afternoons/evenings, but sleeps well at night even if it is in 2-3 hour stretches.  That's probably the hardest part.  The interrupted sleep.  But, I must say, it's MUCH better than I anticipated.

He had his first doctor appointment at his pediatrician on Monday, and he'd gained 5oz and grew 1/2in.  We were shocked!  Who knew babies could grow so fast?! 

I had a check up today, and it went well.  He said my incision was healing very well, and that the bruising was just because it was so rushed that they weren't exactly gentle.  I can walk however far I want, and I can drive.  No situps or other exercising for another 5 weeks.  Another week and I can swim.  Hmm... Not sure about that until maybe AFTER the situps have started taking place.  I'm not going to complain, though, because I'm almost back at my pre-pregnancy weight.  BUT my tummy is SUPER squishy and I cannot wait to run!  There were a couple of down-sides to the visit.  I'm now taking antibiotics because he thinks I could have a bladder infection.  "Since it was so rushed, I know they weren't as sterile as I would have liked them to be."  His words.  Great.  What does that mean?  They washed the scalpel and stuff right??  Anyway, hopefully my back will stop hurting with the antibiotics.  And he told me he's bringing on 2 other doctors in August and won't be doing deliveries.  He said he has too many gray hairs :). 

Overall we are doing great.  Rocky is even starting to adjust, I think.  And to my amazement, Cole could care less about his barking.  Like, he sleeps through the shrill yipping :).


Cole's mohawk :)

No comments:

Post a Comment