Friday, June 4, 2010

1 Month. Already?!

So I wrote a post several days ago, but never posted it.  This one is going to be different.  A friend blogged about keeping things real.  So, that's what I'm going to do...

I love my little monkey more than anything, but there is this horrbile be-witching hour (hours really) that occure anywhere from 3pm and last sometimes till 10:30pm.  Don't get me wrong.  He's not screaming the whole time, but it gets rough sometimes.  He fights sleep like crazy.  His little eyes will roll backwards, close, then he'll make himself open them and start screaming his little head off to the point you think he's not going to have a voice left.  Then when he finally settles down, he's the snuggliest (yup.  Just made that up.) little baby you've ever seen.  I'm going to blame this sleep fighting on Ryan.  He, too, will make himself stay up to watch some silly show, then wake up exhausted and grumpy.

He is growing like a weed and LOVES to eat.  Or shall I say, he loves to suck on boobies :).  So much so that sometimes he eats too much and promptly spits up all the excess.  I've also started pumping so someone else can feed him.  It's really not as bad as I thought it would be, and he takes a bottle well although he'd rather have the real thing.

I'm finally feeling better.  The bladder infection really took it out of me.  They had to change my antibiotic to something stronger, then I thought if I didn't die of the infection, the medicine might kill me.  I was so glad to finish those stupid pills!  I'm back to walking 2 miles, and am looking forward to running.   A week and a half!


 

1 comment:

  1. have fun snuggling with the sleep monster... it won't last long, but when they cry, doesn't it seem like time stands still?? hang in there... this stage doesn't last very long. i hardly remember ethan at this age, believe it or not. i will say, it is nice to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel... they start sleeping and slow down on the crying!

    ReplyDelete