Monday, June 7, 2010

Sleep? Who needs sleep?

For the past 2 nights, there has been some episode that has led the the nightly feeding/s being extended from 30-45 minutes to 1-2 hours.  Last night the little monkey woke up, ate, was changed, burped and put back in bed.  10-15 min later, he was screaming his little head off.  So, I pick him up, he eats more, and gets put back down.  Then he wakes up again.  I pick him up, calm him down and put him back down, only to realize that the bed is wet.  Check diaper.  Not leaking. (We've had episodes with Huggies.  His little bum is too small for them, and it leaks out the leg hole.  Not cool.)  Think, hmm... he must had drooled.  I know.  He's too little to drool, but it was the middle of the night.  He cries again.  I pick him up and lose his pacifier in the process.  Ryan wakes up.  Gets me another one, and I tell him the beds wet.  He realizes that monkey's spit up.  Yes, Amanda.  That makes much more since.  Anyway, night before it was wake up, eat, get changed, eat, burp, go back down.  Wake up to an explosion in the diaper about 5 min later.  So, yes.  Sleep would be nice.  I know.  This too shall pass.....

Poor little guy also has HORRIBLE gas and gas pains.  So, any mommies out there that have any remedies, I'm up for them.  The Mylicon drops help some, but...  He doesn't spit up very often (generally less than 1 a day), but it makes me sad to see him in pain.


The gangster pose

3 comments:

  1. Poor thing... Not sure if it is what you are eating, but Emma always had a hard time if I had too much dairy that day. Maybe change up your diet a little. Also, taking his legs and really moving them around during the day (pushing his knees in and out) when he is awake and rubbing his tummy in circles helps move it around also. Hope you get some rest soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use gripe water now an it works a lot better than the other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so... i don't know what to tell you about the gas - but - use the sheet savers (the ones that tie down to the crib rails) and change them everyday... easy to change at night, too. change it everyday just in case he spits a little and it dries and then he sleeps on the mess... little babies can get rashy faces from the milk proteins. just a tip...

    ReplyDelete