Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Venting....

By no means is the following rant meant to upset or offend anyone.  However, being that it is my blog, I feel I can vent.  That being said....

So I'm standing in line at HEB to return deodorant (bought the wrong kind for Ryan).  Anyway, this little girl is twirling in circles while her mom is returning something.  She turns, sees me and my belly and has the audacity to say, "Wo," and stop dead in her tracks.  Does it stop there you ask?  No.  She continues to stare at my belly as though I have a two-headed monster coming out of it!!  REALLY!!?? Wo?!  It is not "Wo"!!  I wanted oh so bad to look her in the eye and say, "Wo?  Really?  Why, my belly is still not as large as your mother's and I'M GROWING A BABY!!!!" 

Ryan tried to tell me she was just a kid and that pregnant bellies are not like fat bellies.  Pregnant bellies are beautiful.  Maybe.  But kids can be very cruel.  Wo.  Seriously, though, my belly was still not the size of her mom's. 

Venting done.  Thanks for listening or reading.  And if you have children, remind that it is not polite to stare or to say things like "Wo" when they see someone who's different than they are. 

2 comments:

  1. I think your belly is adorable! HURRY UP AND GET HERE COLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur right parents NEED 2 teach their children NOT 2 stare at ppl obvously different than them cuz fti EVERYBODY is different in SOME way.

    ReplyDelete