Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Getting Impatient...

Today brings two beautiful words: full-term. Now, whenever baby's born, he's likely to thrive. Also thriving? Your nesting instincts, which are behind those sudden urges to bake, clean, or embroider a onesie. (Feminists, take your issue up with nature, not with us.)  Your full-term (yay!) baby is gaining about 1/2 ounce a day and getting his first sticky poop (called meconium) ready. He's also brushing up on skills for the outside world: blinking, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, and gripping (it's getting strong!).

How far along? Almost 38 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: 18 lbs.  Lost a pound...
Maternity clothes? shirts yes.  And my 1 skirt I bought has become my favorite :)
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Has something to do with the impatience.  My logic is that if I'm not sleeping now, I might as well have a little baby to not sleep with....
Best moment this week: Last week the YL girls surprised me with a baby shower.  I was SHOCKED! 
Movement: Of course.  A little worried about teaching the Campaigners lesson tonight.  He's always more active at night and it makes me lose my train of thought.....
Food cravings: None.  Most foods don't sound good anymore....
Gender: Let's hope boy still.  My mom had a dream he was a girl...
Labor Signs: No.  Am having contractions (I think.  How are you really supposed to know if you've never experienced them before??).  However, we did get a voicemail from one of our pastors at church yesterday to pray for us and Cole and that he thought we'd be delivering him today.  So, Ryan's set on me packing the bags :)
Belly Button in or out? In still
What I miss: lots of things now that every day tasks seem difficult.  Typing at the computer isn't even easy anymore.  My belly hits the table. 
What I am looking forward to: Meeting this little guy!!
Milestones: Room's DONE, and bags are in the beginning stages of being packed.

Last week was great.  The YL girls surprised me with a shower.  I really was shocked.  They are the best young women!  I'll get some pics and post.  We also had pictures of Ryan and I taken by our good friend Aubrey.  She did a FABULOUS job!  And, two of our friends had their babies last week.  Now I'm the only one left....  Could also have something to do with the impatience....

Ryan actually held baby Lyla, although I think alot of it had to do with Kendall telling him that he was not in any way going to break her :)  She's perfect!  We cannot wait for Cole to join her!  He's going to have LOTS of girlfriends! :)  The other babies born last week were also girls, plus he's got Aubrey's Avery.  Although she'll be almost a year older....

On the labor front, I went to the dr on Monday.  I lost a pound, which they weren't mad about, but not happy about either.  I promise people.  I'm eating.  And I'm only 1/5 cm dilated.  When he told me I said that's it?!  He kind of laughed and said that was normal for a first baby.  I wrote our birth plan and absolutly LOVE my doctor.  He's very supportive of everything I want to do, and most things he already does or does not do.  The only thing he'd do differently is get the epidural.  Nope.  Not doing it.  FREAKS me out to not be able to move my legs.  I like to be in control!!  We also went to the hospital and the rooms are nice, equipped with a jaccuzi tub and all.  So, now we just wait.....  I'm doing everything in my power to get this little guy here.  Walking every day, visualizing my cervix opening up {Bradley classes :)}, doing all my stretches, and the list goes on....

Here's some of the pictures from last week:







2 comments:

  1. The photos are so pretty. I had some done for Ethan, but I am skipping them this go around. I love that your belly button is still in! And only 18 lbs! Too funny!! Try 41 lbs... 38 weeks today. I am at a 3 though, so maybe it will be soon! Thinking about y'all, keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE pictures Amanda! I love the last one especially... :)

    ReplyDelete