Monday, April 26, 2010

The Good News it's Poison Ivy

Your baby has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds and he's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he's 9 months old.

How far along? 38 weeks and a couple of days
Total weight gain/loss: I think I'm the same.  18 lbs.  A different nurse weighed me today so she didn't say what I weighed last time, but I think it was the same....
Maternity clothes? Shirts, yes.  Still getting by on the bottoms.
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Ehh... It's ok.
Best moment this week:  Finding out it's just poison ivy 
Movement: Yes.  Last night we were laying in bed and I told Ryan to watch my belly.  He couldn't believe it.  Pretty sure he was trying to rip through my side.
Food cravings: Smoothies.  Figured out a great recipe to make my own.  And they're healthy!
Gender: Let's hope still a boy
Labor Signs: Well, I have been having contractions off and on, but I only count the ones that hurt.
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Running, really working in the yard, washing my hands without turning sideways
What I am looking forward to: Meeting him!!
Weekly Wisdom: Don't GOOGLE things.  It often times makes you think you've got them...
Milestones: 38 weeks!!!!!

So I started getting these little bumps last week, and at first I thought they were little bites from knats or something.  Well then one turned into this little blister looking thing, and I thought, "Great.  I got poison ivy."  But how in the world did I get it on my belly?  Who knows!  Ryan has a spot on his finger too.  So I wasn't really too concerned.  Then I googled "poison ivy while pregnant".  Well, let me tell you that there are about 3 other things that it came back that it could be, all of which were a mile long in name.  So then I started freaking out.  Thank heavens I didn't do that until this morning, and I was already going to the dr.  One of the "things" causes mental retardation in babies.  Yes.  I FREAKED OUT.  Only to find out that it's not PUPPS or anything else.  Just poison ivy.  So happy to just have poison ivy!  Not sure where I got it, but guess that's what I get for still working in the yard in a bathing suite :).

On the labor front, I've progressed from 1/5cm to 1cm.  I wasn't too thrilled, but got a little encouragement from a friend that said it took her 40 weeks before she was a 1.  So, that being said, I'm still walking.  Still working in the yard.  Still doing squats.  Planned a landscape job for Saturday and a play for Saturday night.  It looks like my belief that I'd have him on the full moon - which is this Wednesday - is not going to happen.  Darn it.  Ryan's not going to believe me ever again that people are different on full moons and that more people go to the hospitals then.

Since there's no new fun pics, I'll put a few more up that Aubrey took a couple of weeks ago. 





3 comments:

  1. Sad to say it, but even if you were dilated like me (3 cm) you might still be walking around doing everything under the sun to go into labor!! Hang in there! I promise they are easier to take care of inside rather than out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psh! You still have time to suddenly go into labor tonight!!! I'll pray for that for you, and not just because I totally believe that hospitals are always busier on full moons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, you googling the poison ivy thing and then freaking out cracks me up because that's definitely something I would do too! So glad everything's okay and you were able to go to your appointment and put your mind at ease relatively quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete