Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Plugging Along

From now on, baby's growth is mostly in the plumping up department -- though he won't get much longer, he'll put on a pound or more of baby fat before birth. (He's about 15 percent right now and will be about 30 percent by full-term.) His hearing is totally developed (tip: baby responds best to higher pitches), and if he really is a "he," his testes have probably completed their descent.

How far along?  4 weeks, 4 days left!
Total weight gain/loss: I'm going with 18 lbs
Maternity clothes? Shirts still
Stretch marks? No.  Ryan informs me I already smell like a baby because of the lotion
Sleep: It's getting worse
Best moment this week: The realization that in less than 2 weeks Cole will be full term!
Movement: Yes, and it's quite painful at times
Food cravings: I really want a snow cone :)
Gender: He better still be a He
Labor Signs: No, BUT, pretty sure I've been having Braxton Hicks.  It's only when I exercise, though.
Belly Button in or out? In still.  Last night Ryan sat down on the side of the bathtub and looked at my belly and said he still REALLY wanted my belly button to pop out, but he didn't have much more hope.
What I miss: Doing things.  Seeing my feet.  Shaving my legs without guessing.  Not looking around my belly going up/down stairs.  Picking things up off the ground without first thinking, "Do I REALLY need that?". 
What I am looking forward to: Meeting Cole!!

We had a great Easter!  Celebrated my nephew's b-day Saturday then went to the Woodland's to see friends who had twins back in October.  We hadn't seen them yet, and they are absolutely precious!  (They really live in Dallas.  I know.  It's really not an excuse for not meeting them until they were 6 months old.) 

We ordered our glider, so hopefully it'll be in soon.  I'm hoping it will be closer to the 7 than the 14 days, but I won't hold my breath.  I think Cole has begun dropping a little.  It's a little easier to breath.  Although this could just be wishful thinking :).  2 of my friends will be having their babies next week, and I think the time will really drag for me then. 

Here are some Easter pics and shower pics:



Beautiful Cake

Tara & Wendi (wonderful hostesses)

Mom and Me

Allison, Wendi & Laura


Ryan and I at Ms. Daniel's (Easter)

Unkee Ryan with Carson and Avery

3 comments:

  1. The picture of Ryan with Carson and Avery is preciuos!! He is going to be such a great dad! It was so good to see you guys last weekend. Next time we see y'all, you will be parents....crazy! We can't wait to meet baby Cole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda you look great! Cute pictures! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, you are officially the cutest pregnant girl I have ever seen. :) Can't wait to see pictures of Cole's sweet face. Get ready girl, having a baby is such a miracle and the most incredible thing you will ever be a part of. xoxo

    ReplyDelete