He's now the size of a honeydew! He can recognize and react to simple songs...time to start practicing your lullabies! In fact, he will recognize frequently sung tunes after birth and probably find them soothing. Less cute news: He now urinates about one pint per day. Get the diapers ready!
How far along? I've got 5 weeks and 1 day left. Really??
Total weight gain/loss: 18 pounds. I had a hard time with this as I stood on the scale yesterday. Thank you society for making women feel bad about gaining weight in pregnancy....Maternity clothes? Some. I'm still holding off on those pants. I mean really. Who wants something that comes up over their protruding belly??
Stretch marks? No. It takes alot more lotion now, though....
Sleep: Hmm.... I've decided that the lack of sleep during pregnancy is God's way of preparing you for the lack of sleep after the baby is born. At least He doesn't send you in there cold turkey....
Best moment this week: Still love to feel him move, even though it feels like he's ripping my skin, muscles, organs open
Movement: Yes.
Food cravings: Yesterday I really wanted BBQ
Gender: Boy. If he comes out a girl, she better like the color blue...
Labor Signs: No. Think I may have had a Braxton Hicks yesterday, but I don't really know what they feel like....
Belly Button in or out? In. Ryan's going to be severely disappointed if it doesn't pop out
What I miss: Working in the yard. For some people what I'm doing would be considered working in the yard, however, I don't think I'm your typical girl. I USED to be able to unload a whole yard of mulch or dirt by myself, hook up the trailer, trim hedges, etc... There pretty much wasn't anything I'd ask help for. Not so the case anymore. I REALLY cannot wait to be able to unload a pallet of stone for borders or use the grubbing hoe....
What I am looking forward to: REALLY cannot wait to meet this little guy!!
Milestones: I'm 35 (almost) weeks pregnant!!! Thank you, Lord, for answering prayers!!
So I was saying at YL that I'm ready to have Cole and that the last 8 months has been fun, but I'm ready now. A wonderful, Godly girl said to take advantage of the situation because there are alot of people that cannot get pregnant. And that kind of stuck with me. Because I was one of those people, but I guess you kind of forget. So, I really am thankful for the wonderful blessing God has given to Ryan and me. And I don't want to take advantage of any of it. Even the lack of being able to do things. However, I am ready :). Thank you, selfish human nature for always rearing your wonderful head....
On a brighter note, I had my last shower last weekend. And of course, I forgot my camera. Yes, it was RIGHT next to my purse, and I still forgot it. But, many friends took pictures, so I'm just waiting for them to send them to me. Then I will post. The shower was wonderful! Tara and Wendi did an amazing job! And I don't think Cole will lack for anything.
Our house is back in order and Cole's room is just about finished. I bought a rug, although Ryan's not crazy about it. But, it's a rug and I like it, so if we don't find something else, we're keeping it. We still have to get a glider, which we're having some issues with.... The one I really want would take up half the room. Literally. We're glider hunting today after Ryan gets off of work.
On another home front, I think Rocky knows something's going on, but he's just not sure what it is. He's been reverting back to puppy-hood at the ripe age of almost 8! We came home last night from Manhunt at Taylor HS to find the pantry door open. I immediatly accuse him, while Ryan says that he couldn't have done that. Well, he got out a back of tortilla chips that was apparently a little too heavy for him because he left it in the kitchen. Oh, but wait. There's more. He drug a bag of opened but chip-clipped animal crackers to the carpet, pulled the clip off and ate who knows how many. He also drug a much smaller back of baked Lays to the carpet. So, we thought we cleaned it all up, only to sit down on the couch and look over at him sniffing the carpet. We had missed an animal cracker. I told him I knew he wasn't going to eat an animal cracker right there in front of us. He tried spitting it out, but it got stuck to his tongue. Yes. It was cute. however, the day before he got into the trash and had trash strude about the kitchen. We're wondering what he'll do once Cole's here....
Here's how his room finally looks. We also have 1 more picture to add. Have to take it to be framed still...
Before
After
Before
After
The lamp shade my sister and I made

Try USA Baby for a glider. They have a pretty good variety, plus you get to pick out the upholstery.
ReplyDeleteCan't believe you are already 35 weeks! Enjoy these last few weeks. It all goes by so fast! The room looks great!! Can't wait to see y'all this weekend!
ReplyDeletei laughed out loud reading ryan wants your belly button to pop out!
ReplyDelete