Monday, July 12, 2010

Fever??

Last night we had our first fever scare.  As I said in the last post, I checked Cole about 100x's to see if he had fever because he's been sleeping so much.  Well last night we did the forehead scan, and it said anywhere 99.9 - 101.9.  How the heck can it possibly have such a broad range?!?  Well, of course I gave him Tylenol, but then did a rectal reading (yes, poor dude, but he just laid there) and it said 98.8.  Ummm.... thermometers, YOU SUCK!  So, again today I took it (yes, 100x's.  Again.) and it was around 100.  And somehow I forgot to that I needed to take it rectally for a true reading and gave him Tylenol instead!  My poor baby probably got meds he didn't need.  But he's still SUPER congested.  Makes me so sad for him! 

1 comment:

  1. hang in there! do some tai chi and relax. things are okay

    ReplyDelete