Tuesday, July 6, 2010

2 Months!?

So he's officially 2 months old.  I cannot believe it!!  He had his first road trip over the 4th to Ryan's parent' place in the hill country.  He did surprisingly good in the car!  And I'm pretty sure he got us out of a ticket due to his screaming :).  He LOVED being out of town and outside.  It was rainy pretty much the whole time, which turned out to be a good thing because we were able to sit outside on the porch all day.  The bad part?  He was held ALOT.  I'm paying for it now.  Think we're going to have to institute a rule about the holding....  Don't get me wrong.  I love to hold him, but you cannot get anything done if you're holding a baby.  I also had a blocked milk duct.  Not fun.  I spent ALOT of time in the bathroom hanging over a bowl full of HOT water.  The good news: I got rid of it.

Sleep.  Hmmm.  Thought we were doing so good only to be struggling again.  Sometimes he goes down really well, like last night, but then he's up after being asleep for 20-30 min.  It makes nights long. 

Oh, did I mention I survived 2 weeks with Ryan being out of town?  OK, he wasn't gone for 2 weeks straight, but still.  Igot a taste of what it's like for single parents, and I know I DO NOT want to be one.  While he was gone the first time, Cole got this horrible rash on his face that I kept telling Ryan about.  Of course Ryan thought I was exagerating.  Then he came home.  I think his words were, "What did you do to his face?!"  Well, 2 weeks later and with the help of Cortisone, he's back to his baby soft skin again. 

And of course, he has his shots today.  I'm really not looking forward to it.  I stressed about it the whole way home yesterday.  Poor little guy.  Just hoping I don't cry too!


It doesn't get much sweeter than this

Ryan's sailor outfit from when he was a baby

Just me and Daddy

The only pic we got as a family!  Really need to take some of the 3 of us!

2 comments:

  1. so cute! can i volunteer to attempt to take some pictures of the 3 of you? pretty please! :) glad you didn't get a ticket too! :)

    ReplyDelete