Might as well end the year on a rant.....
For those of you that actually read this, I posted about being angry back in November because Cole's surgery had been cancelled. Well, it was rescheduled for Monday, January 3. So I waited this morning for that call to tell me all the details: where to be, when to be there, what to do, etc... At noon I decided that I needed to call because I hadn't heard anything. And there was a voicmail. The office is closed until Monday Jan 3rd. Ummm.... Really?! BUT if you have an emergency, dial 5 for the answering service. Yes, thank you. And I got put on hold. Infinitly. So I hung up. And called back. And I got hung up on. And again I called back. Only to be told that the office was closed. SERIOUSLY!? How do you think I got you in the first place??!! So, they give me the number to the hospital. And yes. He's on the schedule for Monday. At 8 PM. Oh wait. No, that's not right. But the office is closed, so why don't I call back first thing Monday morning. REALLY??!! NO! He's supposed to have surgery Monday morning! So she gives me another number to call. And I get transfered back to the first number that I ever started with telling me to press 5 again. So the answering service finally humors me and tells me she'll page the doctor on call but he's just a resident. Fine. That'll work. She calls back and says it'll be several hours before I'll know anything. Fine. I'll wait. So several hours later, I call back. Again. She tells me again that the office is closed until Monday. REALLY LADY!? DO YOU THINK I'M DEAF?! I KNOW THAT! AND BESIDES I JUST SPOKE TO YOU SEVERAL HOURS AGO LIKE YOU SAID! She says, fine. She'll page the doctor. Again. Fine. I'll wait. FINALLY, the doctor call me back. And he's not a resident. He's one of the doctor's in Dr. G's practice. He was VERY nice, however, and appologized profusly for no one contacting me. And yes. He's having surgery Monday. And no. You should NOT mess with a mama.....
Now, while all the above is happening, we're going on with our lives, which meant going to HEB. DO NOT GO TO HEB ON ANY HOLIDAY. It was INSANE! I will say they had every single check out open. But the lines were still 4-5 people deep. Now, on to the fact that big government sucks.... So there's 2 ladies in front of us. Clearly a different lifestyle than that of ours: piercings, tattoos, each other's babe, not physically fit. And then a group of about 4 other ladies in the line next to us. They keep going back and forth. Trying to add things up on their phones as to how much everything costs and who's buying what. We think they're having a party or something and trying to split the cost evenly. But then they get up to pay. Yup. She whips out her lonestar card!! And throws a fit because she got the wrong thing on the HEB deal of buy the meat and get the other crap free. She got the wrong free thing. It was $1.13 can of concentrated OJ that she was going to have to buy. And she calls the manager because the coupon was in the wrong place. AND PAYS FOR EVERYTHING WITH HER LONESTAR CARD. THAT I PAID FOR. WITH MY TAX DOLLARS. So she can live in Katy. And buy her crap food. And sit on your rather large behind. And not work. And add everything up to make sure she doesn't go over on her card or that her buddies don't go over on their card. And then they can all get together and sit on their large behinds together in their home in Katy. Because you know. Katy is such a cheap place to live. I mean. Why else would they live here. SERIOUSLY?! BIG GOVERNMENT SUCKS!!
Stepping down now. And a picture because the baby monkey is just too cute
10 years ago



Praying for little Cole and his mama on Monday. And the next couple of days leading up to it.
ReplyDeleteGlad everything went well...this post cracked me up. { the government/HEB part...lol. }
ReplyDelete