Monday, November 14, 2011

Virus From Hell

Literally.  It's been HORRIBLE!  Cole's been sick before, but nothing like this!  I set up all day last Monday for the YL banquet, then went to the banquet that night.  I wanted to drop when we finally got home at 9:30.  I was in the shower when Cole woke up screaming.  Ryan went up and was rocking him, then I took over.  The minute Ryan walked out of the room, Cole threw up all over me. Then I felt his head, and he was on fire.  I stuck him in the bath so we could both get cleaned up.  We went to the dr the next day, for her to say it was probably a virus.  Well, whatever virus it was/is is from the devil.  He had fever all the way up to 103 that lasted until Friday night.  It finally broke Sat, but then he had it again after his nap on Sunday.  Also had a HUGE scare when there was blood in his diaper.  I literally freaked out.  The dr said that it wasn't totally uncommon to see that with a virus, but that it could also be bacterial.  So, I'm still waiting on a call back from her to see what the lab had to say.  He's been fever free since yesterday afternoon, so we'll see when he wakes up from his nap today....

I also had a stye ALL week.  Ryan came home from work last Tues and after he asked how Cole was, looked at me and said, "Holy crap.  What happened to your eye?".  Not cool.  It's finally gone.

So, I've literally been up to my elbows in poop and didn't leave the house until Sat morning when I got to go to HEB by myself.  Funny how I usually cringe at the grocery. 

So.  We wait and see if it's over.  And pray for hard poop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment