Thursday, October 7, 2010

Neighbors

Cole and I try and meet Ryan outside when he gets home from work.  Today, we were walking down the sidewalk and a guy drove by who lives across the street and a few doors down.  It all of a sudden struck me that the only reason I knew it was him was because of the vehicle he was driving.  His face was in no way familiar.  Then I thought about the fact that he's lived in that house with his family ever since Ryan and I moved in.  Over 6 years ago.  I don't know his name.  His wife's name.  His kids' names.  Then I thought about the fact that I don't even know the names of the people next door.  We're not anti-social.  We're very social.  Just not with neighbors??  Hmm... Just struck me as odd that we've lived here for over 6 years and don't know our neighbors.  Is that weird??

And, of course, what would a post be without a picture of the little monkey??

1 comment: