Monday, September 6, 2010

Florida

We went on our first family vacation with Cole.  He did GREAT on the plane.  At first, I wasn't worried about him on the plane, then people kept asking me if I was worried, which made me worried. :)  It was fruitless, though.  He did wonderfully both there and the way back.  He slept most of the time both ways, and fussed just a little when we first got on.

I wish I could say that he slept as well once we got there.  The first 2 nights he slept his usual 4-5 hours, then 2-3.  After that, however, he was up every 2 hours.  It was exhausting.  We've decided it was because there was no background noise.  He has 2 fans and a humidifier at home....

It was MUCH hotter than we were anticipating.  I mean, it was just like Houston.  We thought we were going to get a little break.  No.  Such.  Luck.  He did great despite the heat.  We went to the beach nearly every day, thanks to a beach umbrella.  So he got to "swim" in the ocean and the pool.  One crazy lady at the pool actually asked if she could steel him.  Like she wanted to keep him.  We said, "Umm... no we're going swimming."  It was STRANGE.  Am I really going to let some lady I've never met keep my baby?!  I think NOT!

We rode bikes one day and have decided that we want to get one of the little "charriots".  Cole loved it.  We kept checking on him to make sure he wasn't hot.  Pretty sure we just kept making him mad because we'd stop and poke him while he was sleeping. :)  At one point Ryan looked back and said "Oh gosh!" and slammed on his breaks.  Cole had completely tipped over in his little seat and was doubled over sideways.  Ryan set him back up and he screamed, like, how could you wake me up.  I was perfectly comfortable.

Cole discovered his feet while we were there, and started "singing" along whenever we sing to him.  It's really cute. 
  Chillin on the balcony

Making sure he's ok in his charriot
Swimming
He's so cute!!
Crashed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment