Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Several Firsts

We've had several firsts lately.  Yesterday Cole rolled from tummy to back all by himself.  We've been working on the back to tummy, so that's what I had made him do.  Then he surprised me by deliberately stretching his little arm up past his ear and rolling back to his back.  So of course I made him do it again. :)

We've also started eating dinner as a family.  As in Cole sits in his Bumbo and (attempts) to eat with us.  It at least occupies him so we can actually eat while our food is still hot.  He's getting better at actually eating some of it too.

On the eating front, I was having an apple yesterday so I was letting him suck on one while I held it for him.  Well, the next thing I know he's making a funny face and his eyes are kind of watering.  I quickly realize he has some how bitten off a piece of the apple and is choking on it.  I grab him up and hit him on the back.  He started crying, but the piece of apple flew to the front of his mouth and I was able to grab it out.  Needless to say, I was shaking by the time the whole episode was over, and I threw away the rest of the apple.  I know.  Just the first of many more to happen in the future....

He's also started waking up at 5:30.  It's not too bad, though.  He lays in bed and "talks" for 30 or so minutes.  Mind you, the talking is not quiet.  At least not on the monitor anyway.  But, it is super cute!  When I finally go get him, he eats, then lays his head on my chest and continues the talking. 

First family dinner :)
We take his clothes off because he gets SO messy
With MawMaw and PawPaw at Nicholas' show

1 comment:

  1. AHH!!! look at all those baby rolls! we must get pictures just in his nappy! did i just write that, i've been hanging out with those UK peeps too much!

    ReplyDelete