Monday, September 13, 2010

Quite the weekend....

At Cole's 4 month dr appointment, the Dr. said we could start cereal.  So, we waited until Daddy was home so he could be there for the first feeding.  Friday night we tried it out.  I'm not going to say he loved it, but he didn't hate it either.  Although, I'm  not real sure how much he actualy swallowed :).  It by no means filled him up and he nursed promptly afterwards.  But it was fun, none-the-less.  We haven't done it again since, though, because he's, well let's just say not real regular....

Saturday morning I decided to put on the Baby Einstein DVD I got last week.  So, I set Cole up in his Bumbo, and he actually sat and didn't try to eat the horn!  He paid attention for about 2 minutes.  Not sure how I'm going to like these kid videos.  They seem so silly and non-realistic.  There were puppets that were supposed to be animals.  Ryan walked in and asked what it was so I told him.  We were going through the animals as they came on the screen when one came on we didn't know what it was.  So, Ryan, being the funny guy that he is, said "drag queen".  Umm... No, Daddy.  Not something we want to teach him....  However, I was rolling because I'm not sure what animal the puppet was supposed to be!!

Sunday we went to the Museum after church to see Secrets of the Silk Road.  It really made me miss my degree and studying fabrics, yarns, costume, etc...  But, that's a whole other post all together.  Anyway, as I said, Cole's not real regular and let's just say I've been waiting for the exposion since last Tuesday.  Yup.  It happened.  While at the museum.  We had to leave the exhibit to take care of business.  This was after I checked to see that it was indeed the deed and of course got the deed on my finger.  Ryan is not exactly great at dirty diapers.  I laid him on a bench outside the bathrooms and change him.  Ryan was gagging and saying "Don't get it on me!".  I, again, was rolling.  It was so bad we ran out of wipes!

Looking at the spoon :)
After eating, we just took his clothes off.  He was done for the day at this  point.  I just love his little lip!
Ready to learn about animals from Baby Einstein
New toy.  It says 4+ months, and he's not a little guy, but his feet don't touch the ground when he sits in here.  So, we put the Wii board on 2x4 blocks under him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment